Paystack, Team Apt and other tech companies hiring for non-technical roles.
Everyone wants to work in tech, and everyone should work in tech. Regardless of your background, there is room for you at the table. Here is a list of 12 non-tech roles you can apply for in tech companies.
We’re looking for an experienced editor to help build Africa’s largest digital business media network, and use content to solve problems for Africa’s most ambitious teams.
We aim to connect African entrepreneurs with the insights they need to grow globally successful businesses. We’re inspired by the examples of other B2B media and trade media publications such as Bloomberg, First Round Review, CB Insights, Industry Dive, Morning Brew, and Increment.
In this role, you will be responsible for sourcing and curating high-quality images for locations across the world.
What you need to succeed in this role:
Great research skills
- Must be highly organized and pay attention to detail
- Must have knowledge of image copyright and crediting
- Excellent writing, speaking, comprehension, and interpersonal skills.
- Photo editing/photo manipulation skills are a plus
Company: Big Cabal
This role will report to the Head of Strategic Partnerships and Business Development.
As a Sales Associate at BCM, your primary responsibilities include:
- Understanding and selling BCM inventory.
- Creating proposals and proposal templates that effectively sell BCM products/inventory.
- Expanding client and agency list.
- Working with the BCM team to develop new inventory/media.
- Packaging, presenting and selling BCM products to a range of agencies, brands, and companies.
Senior Sales Manager
Company: Big Cabal
This role will report to the Head of Strategic Partnerships and Business Development.t. As a Senior Sales Manager at BCM, your primary responsibility will be to develop, manage and grow high-level revenue streams from a wide range of products and platforms. BCM offers brands a wide range of advertising, partnership, and sponsorship opportunities, and it will be essential for a Senior Sales Manager to understand those offerings well and be able to decide the right solutions to fit each client’s needs.
Business Development Intern
Company: Big Cabal
You may have no experience, but what you do have are a very particular set of skills –
- You have a good command of written English because you know typos are the 8th greatest sin.
- ‘Plugged’ to the internet and consistently feel its pulse. You know how to inject yourself into the narrative and weave content that enters into the flow seamlessly.
- Prefer (and actually insist on) working with minimal supervision and laugh boisterously in the face of deadlines – because you are always on time.
- Take personal pride in your work and will never create anything you are embarrassed by!
Product Manager (Ghana)
Company: Paystack –
As the Product Manager for our Ghanaian expansion efforts, you’ll be responsible for driving product innovation in Ghana that’ll be targeted and helping out merchants start and scale their businesses. You’ll be the voice of the customer and will help build and maintain delightfully successful products that solve our users’ pain points.
Head, Credit Risk
Company: Team Apt
As the head of credit risk your responsibilities include:
- Develop and enhance the Credit Reporting & Monitoring framework which meets the requirements of various external & internal stakeholders. Ensure timely and accurate delivery of Credit Risk reports.
- Manage risk levels for the entire credit spectrum across all member offices consistent within the risk management framework.
- Lead and develop credit risk management capabilities and proactively manage credit risk portfolios daily.
- Lead risk financial forecasting efforts, including designing and maintaining complex credit loss and financial risk forecasting models, conducting cost of credit analyses, and monitoring trends to identify key areas of risk opportunity.
- Collaborate with the development team to build system requirements for all areas of Credit Risk.
As a Digital Designer at Paga, your responsibilities will include designing digital graphic assets, bringing them to life, and delivering high-quality and innovative motion graphic content that seamlessly integrates with multi-channel marketing, including social media advertising, email marketing, mobile in-app banners, and web banners. Responsibilities also include staying up to date on social and digital content trends and the latest digital design software.
As an Executive Assistant, you will manage tasks such as creating reports, organizing travel and accommodation, taking minutes, and other organizational tasks.
To function effectively in this role, you should have a detailed understanding of the full Microsoft Office suite, be creative and extremely fast at solving problems and have experience as an executive or administration assistant in the past.
Director of Investments
Pettysave is looking for a Director of Investments who will be responsible for sourcing, developing, negotiating, closing, and exiting investment opportunities. The Director of Investments is responsible for relationship management and monitoring of certain investees and investments alongside the Finance team, as well as making appropriate improvements to investment reporting with the Product team.
Company: Wallets Africa
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Compliance Officer to guarantee that our business processes and transactions follow all relevant legal and internal guidelines. Your responsibilities will include- reviewing employee work, developing company policies, and responding to policy violations.
Product Marketing Lead
As the Product Marketing Lead, you will build a product marketing organization that partners closely with the Product, Engineering, Sales, Design, Editorial, and Customer Success teams to help shape products and drive adoption post-launch. This is a senior role, requiring extensive experience leading marketing teams for API-driven products.
For more remote jobs in Africa, sign up on Tamborin.
To connect top African talents who are seeking remote or relocation opportunities to opportunities across the US, Canada and Europe. All our members have been prescreened. individually and are looking for challenging opportunities.Learn more
- Career Guides (61)
- Dear CTO (2)
- Events (5)
- Interviews & Resumes (17)
- Personal Development (22)
- Remote How-to's (48)
- Remote Work Diaries (5)
- Resources (1)
- Tamborin Contributors (1)
- Working Remotely (41)
Leave a Reply